|Date||19 Jun 2017 to 23 Jun 2017|
|Discounted Member Price||AUD 6950.00|
IMPORTANT: All participants have received a reconfirmation of their registration and accommodation details. If you are registered and have not received this information, please contact Jean Carvalho on +61 2 8272 5101.
The Centre’s Institute presents an opportunity to strengthen the capability of individual practitioners, and the capacity and capability of the whole team. Cited as the best program of its type internationally, the Institute is a must for mid-level practitioners looking to shift their capability to best practice, and for senior practitioners looking to refresh their engagement with best practice.
The Institute is widely acknowledged as an integral part of the professional development process for corporate public affairs practitioners in most major corporations and organisations in Australia and New Zealand.
Taught by an international Faculty and a Guest Faculty of senior public affairs practitioners, the Institute program focuses on international good and best practice public affairs - participants will be immersed in case studies and learnings from leading organisations in Australia and globally. This is a unique opportunity for participants to gain first-hand, practical insights from Guest Faculty senior practitioners.
Currently confirmed Guest Faculty include:
- Jane Anderson, Group General Manager Corporate Affairs, Insurance Australia Group
- Mary-Jane Bellotti, Executive General Manager Corporate Affairs, Suncorp
- Cassandra Casey, Head of Communications and Community Relations, ANSTO
- Belinda Dennett, Director, Corporate Affairs, Microsoft
- Peter Fairclough, General Manager, Policy, Government and Public Affairs, Chevron Australia
- Karina Keisler, Executive General Manager Corporate Affairs, NBN Co
- Jason Laird, Executive Director, Communications and Chief Social Officer, Telstra
- Dieter Lehmann, Director of Corporate Affairs, Australia & New Zealand, Bupa
- David MacGregor, General Manager - Group Internal Communication, Woolworths Group
- Peter Metcalfe, Director External Affairs, Upstream, BP Australia
- Liz McNamara, Group Head of Public Affairs and Communications, Coca-Cola Amatil
- James Pearson, CEO, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Edwina Pribyl, External Communications Manager, Viva Energy Australia
- David Pullar, Head of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Roche
- Stephen Ries, Head of Media Relations, ANZ Banking Group
- Euan Robertson, General Manager Government & Industry Affairs, Commonwealth Bank
- Gerry Tidd, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs, BlueScope Steel
- Paul Zennaro, Head of Australian Media Relations, Shell Australia
Wayne Burns, Director of Studies and Program Director
Wayne is the Director of the Centre for Corporate Public Affairs. He has more than 25 years’ experience in corporate public affairs, journalism, politics and publishing. Wayne writes about public affairs internationally and teaches public affairs executive education in Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore, and Hong Kong. His specialist areas of professional focus include corporate responsibility, issues management, reputation stewardship, social media and organisational effectiveness.
Dr Jennifer J. Griffin
Dr Jennifer Griffin is Professor and former Department Chair, Strategic Management & Public Policy at The George Washington University School of Business (GWSB, Washington, DC).
Jenn’s research examines Competitive Strategy, Corporate Responsibility in a Global Economy, Business & Public Policy, Risk Management, and Managing Strategic Issues by engaging with executives from around the world. Author of the 2016 Cambridge University Press book, Managing Corporate Impacts: Co-Creating Value, Jenn is an award-winning researcher and educator.
Doug Pinkham is President of the Public Affairs Council, the leading international association for public affairs professionals.
Doug was elected to head the Council in 1997. He has written numerous articles for trade professional magazines and books and is a frequent speaker on public affairs, politics, communications and corporate management. He has been quoted widely in the print and broadcast media, including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, USA Today, Fox Business News and NPR.
Gavin is a senior executive with almost three decades’ experience across international corporations, policy and politics. Gavin serves on the Board of the European Australian Business Council and is an adviser to The Big Issue, a social enterprise helping the homeless and disadvantaged.
Gavin has also held senior executive roles in key Federal departments and with the government, including Senior Adviser to the Prime Minister of Australia and Chief of Staff to a Federal Cabinet Minister. Gavin has a Master of Public Policy from the Australian National University.
Institute participant places are limited to ensure effective interaction and maximise opportunities for dialogue and interaction with Faculty members and peers.
For further information please contact Jean Carvalho either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 2 8272 5101.
Download event brochure
Download registration form
Return to calendar